In case you are wondering what is going on in life here in Colorado, read on...if not, skip this post and move on to shorter posts, with pictures.
First off, we LOVE our house. It is so nice to have a little more room. We also finally finished the basement and got it all set up. It is a great space for us. We have a little family room, a big play-area for the girls and the other side is a workout room for Tommy and I (he has used it, I have not). Addison would love to play down there all day. She especially loves the huge closet under the stairs, that she calls her house. We have already had company several times, and the guest room, downstairs in its own area works great. Finally, the backyard was our biggest concern about this house, because it is on the small side, and it only has a half fence between us and the greenbelt. But, it has turned out great! The girls (and the dog) love to sit on the patio and watch people on the trails. Reagan pounds on the sliding glass door at all the dogs going by. We were worried that Maggie would jump the fence, but so far she has stayed put.
The girls are adjusting really well. They didn't have any trouble with the new house or new rooms. Addison has had a few lonely moments, but she is meeting new people. The Lord definitely blessed us with a good neighborhood, as there are 5 or 6 little girls on the street. We also have super nice neighbors, who know each other well and get together often. Reagan has been sick for the entire time we have been here, although she seems to finally be getting better. We have been to 6 doctors appointments in 3 weeks, are working on our 4th round of antibiotics and have an appointment with an ENT April 1st. I think tubes are in our future.
I also think we have landed in a good church home. We are still visiting two different places, but I have been to 2 different bible studies at one of them, and I think that is where we will land. I was so blessed today, as I was welcomed so warmly to the bible study I attended. The girls have done great in their new classes. I have to say that both churches have had pretty amazing children's programs. I was impressed when I saw them, and then even more impressed today when Addison handed me the cross she made and told me that, "Jesus died on the cross.". She has also run around the house all day shouting, "Jesus is Alive!" Something they are doing in there is definitely working.
Tommy is doing a great job balancing work and daddy and often being the only adult I talk to in a day. His job is going well, and his boss has been super understanding of all we have going on right now. The girls and I are swimming, going to the library and just exploring. Our weekends have been filled with painting and projects on the house.
It is starting to feel a little more like home everyday. I can definitely get really lonely and down, but most days I have great perspective and patience. All in all, we are doing really well.
No comments:
Post a Comment