Monday, March 10, 2008

Trail Dust








Tonight we went out to dinner at Trail Dust Steak House. There only two locations are Dallas and Denver, so it was a familiar place and I knew the girls would love it. They have a two-story slide that is super fast, a band and a small dance floor that the kids can play on.
We had a great time. Addison must have gone down the slide 20 times, sometimes in my lap and sometimes by herself. There were lots of older, rowdy boys in the line and they often ran over her (and me), but she held her own. Reagan also went for a ride in my lap, and she loved it too!
During dinner the band asked if there were any kids who wanted to come up and sing with them. As if I didn't already know, Addison confirmed that she most definitely has my personality. She took off! They gave her the microphone and she told everyone her name and age. She was a little stoic and serious as she talked, but she did it. There were a few other kids up there and she and two other little girls all held hands. They were precious. After the introduction, she sang "Old McDonald Had a Farm" with the band! It was too cute!
It brought me back to the first time I met Tommy's family, at a similar type restaurant, where I ended up on stage leading the "Chicken Dance"! I don't think Tommy quite knew what to think back then....and now he has two of us on his hands!

3 comments:

The Chappelles said...

Kim, you are so much fun! I wanna lead the chicken dance with you.... not sure what it is, but it sounds like a good time. you are the best!

E said...

Kim, You guys should go try White Fence Farms. They serve chicken, chicken, and more chicken, but it is at an old farm, they have a playground, petting zoo, giant indoor slide, and a cool gift shop, plus the food is pretty good. I bet you guys would like it.

Erin

The Wiggins Family said...

I would have loved to hear Addison's version of "Old McDonald." It looks like a fun place. I was just telling Greg that he's got two of me as well, since Carlee has my personality.