Hi my Houston friends! Are you heading out of town today? We are worried with you and thinking of you all. Our prayers are that you will make good decisions about evacuating or staying, that your families will be safe, and that the storm weakens before it arrives at land. I have been thinking so much about when we went through this 2 years ago with Rita. It was so hard to decide what to do, and for us by the time we made the decision to evacuate, it was impossible to leave. With parking lots on the freeways and no gas, we decided we were safer at home. However, at that point the grocery stores were empty and their were no supplies available in town. Thankfully Matt and Mary had prepared to stay all along and took us in to their well-supplied, boarded-up house. We were so thankful that it turned out to be such a minor deal, but then so frustrated at the week of rolling power outages that followed. Again, we are praying for you!
If you aren't from Houston, here is some insight. The Woodlands is about 1 1/2 north of the coast, so out of immediate danger and probably out of most mandatory evacuation zones. But, still close enough to experience heavy rain and flooding and high winds. The winds become especially concerning when your house is surrounded by enormous trees....hence the name The Woodlands. However, evacuation can be tricky and your timing can decide if you can actually get out or not. Hopefully after the evacuation disasters following Katrina and Rita, they have better systems in place. Please be in prayer for our friends there.
5 comments:
Thank you for thinking of us. We covet your prayers. We're staying and trusting God. I want to remain as calm as possible and stay focused on the greater plan. He is with us!
Thank you for your prayers and concerns. We're staying as well. We're well stocked, fueled, and I just cleaned out our new home during the storm...aka..the pantry under the stairs. We too are trusting the Lord and his plans. I do struggle with anxiety so I welcome any prayers!
You are darling!! We love having your prayers. We're staying put, and just trying to get ready. Oh, and I loved your recent post about smelling like 'groceries'!
I will keep your friends in my prayers. Reading the comments left by them puts names and faces with what is going on. Stay safe!!! In Dallas, we are facing high winds and rain, but I can't imagine what is happening south!
Your so cute. We are hunkered down and waiting. We'll keep ya posted. How are you feeling?? Where are those ultrasound pictures of the new babe?
Post a Comment