Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July

First of all, for my TX and AZ friends, here is the temperature gage in my car when we left the 4th of July parade around 10:30 this morning. It was a beautiful morning, although I must admit, Tommy laughed at us, but there were times the girls and I were cold. Reagan kept telling us, "I'm shivering!". It rained this afternoon and my computer says 57 now. I think we will definitely be packing blankets for the fireworks show tonight. Anyone want to come visit? You can repay the favor and let me crash your house this winter when we are in the teens!






We had a great time at the parade. They don't do anything fancy, but the girls love it anyway. They love waving at everyone and catching all the candy. In keeping with their personalities, Addison asked permission and ate 2 pieces of candy. Reagan never said a word about it, she just unwrapped and ate as fast as she could!






After the parade, we headed home for a family nap! If you have 3 kids, then you know, this is no small accomplishment. I can't even remember the last time we got the girls to sleep at the same time. We are lucky if that happens from 9:00pm to 5:00am, we usually don't even attempt the day. It was a nice long nap, and hopefully everyone is ready for the fireworks! After napping we headed over to the annual neighborhood BBQ. We had a great time visiting friends and letting the kids play. They even had a face painter for the kids this year. It rained like crazy, but we moved the food indoors and the party kept going! I love 4th of July and am so thankful for such a great full day with family and friends.












2 comments:

Lacey said...

Hey Friend. Yes, I am a bit jealous of your weather right now! :)

I wanted to come on here and thank you for taking the time to write that sweet post and encouragement. It is really hard for me to leave, but you helped put things in perspective. I must admit I have thought about you a lot this week as we have been in decision mode. I actually got online after reading your post and found the closest MOPS....one is 3.25 miles from our new to be neighborhood. :) Anyway, it just really meant a lot that you took the time to post me that message. Thank you. :) I can use all the encouragement I can get right now. :) :) :) You are a great example!!

Maybe you can ask Tommy to look in the BHAM area for his next promotion. ;)

Hope you guys are doing well!!

The Skains Family said...

Don't you love to be able to spend time outside in the summer. We have been in the low 70's and it's just perfect! AC, who needs it?!?!