Friday, October 02, 2009

It's not for the faint of heart.

I couldn't help but smile last night, as poor Tommy got a big dose of what life in a house with 4 females, will often be like. He had been gone for several days on business. Between taking care of 3 girls by myself all day, nobody taking naps, getting up with the baby all night, and not sleeping well when he is not here, I am always exhausted at the end of those trips. And, last night, all 3 girls were over-tired as well....not the best combination.

He arrived home at 8:15.....15 minutes past bedtime, but nobody was asleep yet. All were emotional, tired and cranky. 3 out of 4 girls were crying....I won't tell you which 3 (just kidding, it actually wasn't me). He came in full of smiles and ready to rescue us, but we were a tough audience. He tried to make the girls laugh, but they just started at him. He tried to read them stories, but they just cried louder over who's story he would read first.

I bailed on him and went to the grocery store. But, I had a good laugh on the way there, thinking about how the poor guy feels dealing with all the "emotions" around here. Thankfully, when I got home, he had them all calm (not asleep, but calm). We had a good laugh about it all! And, I am just glad he is home. He's a good sport and I know he will always take good care of us, despite our irrational behaviors.

1 comment:

The Wiggins Family said...

hahaha... Kim I love your stories. They make me laugh. I can't even imagine the drama at your house. Carlee and my emotions together is plenty for our house.
I love the "battle" conversation you had with Addison. Too funny! Boy is she right though, there is a war around us and thank goddness it has been fought and won!