Friday, October 09, 2009

Randomness

~I am going MIA for a little while this weekend. Tommy has been traveling alot and I need a break. He got me the new Nicholas Sparks book, and I am going to hide somewhere in my house and read it cover to cover. That's how I like to read, which means I can't read very often. Tommy is going to man the girls and I will come out every few hours to feed Gracyn. I am giddy with excitement....silly, but it's like a little mini-vacation!

~A few weeks ago, Tommy had a PGA tournament on the TV in the basement while we were playing with the girls. Addison was asking all about the players and who Daddy wanted to win. Yesterday, Tommy was working at home and we could hear him on a phone call. Addison says at random, "He's talking to the one in the red shirt, the one he wants to win, you know...Tiger Woods!". Apparently she thinks her Daddy and Tiger are tight!

~What does a resourceful 4 year old do when her Mommy isn't available to assist her with her #2 in the potty? She has her 2 year old sister do the job. Yes, that's right. While I was off nursing the baby, Addison enlisted Reagan to wipe her bottom!!!

~Just a few hours before I got an email on how to prevent H1N1, which mentioned several times not to touch your nose or mouth, I looked across the room to find Addison bent over Gracyn's carseat. Gracyn was enthusiastically sucking on Addison's nose!!! I am pretty sure that will spread disease quickly.

~Forget all the candy treats and incentives for Reagan's potty training. She clearly doesn't care about them. I have decided that IF I ever get the girl potty trained....I should get a prize!!!

Happy Weekend!!!

5 comments:

The Skains Family said...

Your stories always crack me up. I love that Reagan wiped Addison's bottom. That is hysterical. I hope you enjoyed your much needed break today. Isn't it funny how we look so forward to just a few hours of alone time. It's been awhile!

The Chappelles said...

So thankful for your random post...just makes me smile. Enjoy your book!!!

The Wiggins Family said...

hahaha... I love your post. Especially the bottom wiping by little sis. OMG!!

Lacey said...

So how was your book? Hope you got that mini-vacation. Oh the small things that excite us! And I laughed out loud at Addison thinking Daddy was on with Tiger Woods and even harder when I read that Reagan was wiping her bum! What a hoot! Oh the life of three kids. :)

Lindsay said...

Reagan and Aubrey are two peas in a pod when it comes to potty training. She was fully capable to do it from day 1, but she just didn't care. It's been over a year and I consider Aubrey finally potty trained. And then today she surprised me with 2 accidents and THEN POOPED IN THE TUB! I really thought we had moved beyond this. Tonight, she is very unhappily sleeping in a diaper. I told her if she can keep it dry, then we'll put panties on again tomorrow. But sheesh! I get frustrated! :)