Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Pumpkin Patch Bust








We attempted to take the girls to a pumpkin festival this morning, but it didn't go all that well! It was an unseasonable 86 degrees today, and while you will never hear me complaining about heat.....86 degrees, sunny with no shade it really warm here. We didn't have sunscreen and Gracyn was strapped to me. Next, there were tons and tons of people there. I can't even begin to guess how many. We loaded the girls and made the LONG trek to the actual event, only to find LONG lines to do anything. They played a few games and then we talked them into going somewhere else to get their pumpkins. I couldn't imagine making it all the way back to the car loaded down even more!!!
We then decided to hit a much smaller little pumpkin patch at a church near our house. We had a great time!!! The girls were finally about to just play with lots of pumpkins and run around. They had a few crafts and a face painter. Pictures from the fun event coming soon!!!


1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Sorry to hear it was a bust and so busy! I was a little sad that I didn't go with you guys but after reading all that I'm glad we stayed home. We'll head to the church pumpkin patch sometime this week!