







We had a great, big snow day today!!! I think I could have lost Reagan out there! The snow is up to my knees and still falling fast and heavy. The predictions say we could have 20 inches by tomorrow afternoon.
I wasn't ready for a snow day....since I don't particularly like being trapped at home. However, the last two days have actually been a nice change of pace. I haven't once uttered the words, "Hurry up" or "We're late". I feel rested and relaxed. We have been in our PJ's for two days. There has been lots of playdough, arts and crafts, cookie baking (tried again today, fail again, I am blaming it on the altitude), storytime, movie watching and just playing. The girls and I have just enjoyed time together.
This afternoon we headed outside to attempt to shovel the driveway. I am now even more thankful for my sweet husband, who takes care of that job. I knew if I waited for him to get back, not only would he not be able to get in the driveway, but he would also have a HUGE job on his hands. So, as Gracyn took her late afternoon nap, I bundled the girls up and we headed out. I was making progress, but that is HARD work. Thankfully a nice neighbor came over and helped me finish the job. The girls had a great time playing in the piles of snow and helping shovel.
Looks like another day inside tomorrow. Despite the weatherman's warnings, I was in denial that this would actually happen and didn't go to the store. So, mealtimes may be a little sketchy tomorrow....Cheese-Its and Oreos it is!!! Just kidding....I do have a few things, it will just be slim pickings!
2 comments:
I know it is a pain when you are doing it all the time...but I must admit it sounds fun to me. Hope you have some hot tea or cocoa to warm yourself up with. Enjoy the snowy day.
Wow! I can't believe you are getting this...it isn't even Halloween yet! We are barely seeing the yellows and reds in the trees. But--I'll trade ya if it gives me a day off! :o)
Post a Comment