Thursday, October 08, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

















We won't count that dusting (that didn't stick) a few weeks ago, which occured on the last day of summer, and we will call today the first snow of the season. My family is thrilled. They couldn't wait to get bundled up and get outside. Tommy is always ready to take them out to play in the snow. I didn't really know Addison planned to roll around in it, or I would have put her in her full snowsuit...her legs may have been a bit chilly in the ballet tights. Reagan was quite excited this year. Last year, she only liked it for a minute and would bail as soon as she got a little chilly. She stayed out for a long time today. Gracyn had no opinion....but she looks super cute in that hat! It is only the beginning.....here comes winter.
I am trying to embrace it and love it like the rest of my crew. However, while they are thinking about playing in the snow, sledding and skiing, I am thinking about hats, gloves mittens, snowboots....etc. I think about wet floors and wet feet. I think about shuttling kids around to their activities in the freezing, wet snow.
At least this year, I know not to head to the mall when a blizzard is in the forecast. They aren't joking around with those "winter storm warnings". And, another plus....I had hot chocolate with my girlies today!




4 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh, I am so jealous. Jealous. Did I mention Jealous?!? My kids would Love some snow right now. Instead we have rain and a "cold" front that will bring us into the 60-70's. Oh, and don't forget the humidity. Gotta love a Texas Winter! Enjoy those snow angels and hot cocoa!

Jenn said...

I am so jealous too! I love the cooler weather. I hope we get to experience some snow when we are in Vermont in a little over a week...but I agree--I don't like driving in it!
(Gracyn is adorable in that hat!)

Amanda Burkett said...

This a.m. was a balmy eighty-something, then a front blew in (thank heavens). Today will be around sixty-something which makes my blue jeans much happier!!

The Martin's said...

sounds well worth a cup of hot chocolate ;) sure glad it came after our visit!