
This morning, the girls and I were working on a paper chain, to count down all of Addison's upcoming birthday events. For Monday, we were writing "donuts" on the chain, since she is taking donut treats to celebrate her birthday at school that day. I told her the "D" and then she said, "Hold on, don't tell me anymore, let me think a minute!". She then sounded out the rest of the word
completely on her own. I was so excited for her. What a big girl she is getting to be. And, can I tell you how proud I am that besides family members and the easy 3-letter words, "donuts" was the first word my child spelled. She is a girl after my own heart.
2 comments:
Smart girl!! She so takes after her Mama, in more ways than one. She looks just like you!! HOpe you guys are having a great weekend.
great job Addison! that's awesome!
Post a Comment