Monday, April 12, 2010

Three


Little Miss Reagan turned three last week. She is growing up so fast. She is so much fun to be around, she makes me laugh all the time. It sounds strange when I say it, but if you know Reagan than you understand. Most of the time, she is my most easy-going girl, however she is also the most strong-willed. She is generally happy to go along with anything and doesn't complain, but every now and then she digs her heals in, gets a certain look in her eye and I know it is time to decide if I want to battle an issue out with her or let it go!!! As she gets older, she has become much more reasonable and those moments are fewer and farther between. Thankfully, with that will-power comes a fierce loyalty....she takes good care of her sisters and wouldn't let anyone hurt them.
Reagan lives in her own happy little world. She makes me laugh all the time, because she is just kind-of out there....happy as can be, but not always exactly in-tune with the things going on around her. For instance, a few weeks ago, they were in time-out for interuppting me while I was making a phone call. At the end of their time out, I was talking to them about why they had been in trouble. Addison gave me all the textbook answers I was looking for and went back to playing. Here is my conversation with Reagan....
Mommy: "Reagan, what are you supposed to do while Mommy is on the phone?".
Reagan: Wiggling all over the room, eyes darting everywhere, "Clean-up!".
Mommy: "Um, no Reagan, What do you do while Mommy is on the phone?"
Reagan: Still wiggling, "Put my shoes on!".
At this point, as usual, I am laughing at her and can't keep a straight face. She half listens to me,while she bounces all over the place as I remind her not to interrupt when I am on the phone. Tommy and I decided that she has a few good answers... she ISoften supposed to be cleaning up or putting her shoes on.....she is just trying to plug those answers in at the wrong times.
Reagan skips everywhere she goes and loves to twirl in front of mirrors. She does a great job at her ballet class and is begging me to put her back in gymnastics. She loves to be outside and can play in the sandbox for as long as time allows. She loves reading, playing computer games and playing with her friends. Reagan rides her little bike all over the neighborhood and has more near-misses than I like to count.....she is crazy!!! She goes to bible-study school once each week where she is a leader in her class. She can't wait to start pre-school next year. Reagan loves to worhip, currently always singing, "There is Power in the Mud"....better known as "Power in the Blood".
I never want to forget how after dinner she always tells us, "I promise I am done, I really am!" and how she loves to use the word "suddenly". She still calls loud noises "Nows" and she likes to drink "Coke-E". At night, before she goes to sleep she needs me to "Pray to her".
I love my time with this precious girl. Looking forward to all the adventures being 3 brings for her.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Belated Reagan!

I wish we were all closer to you so we could celebrate all the girls' birthdays with them!

Amanda Burkett said...

Happy Birthday to your little love-bug. She's growing up so fast . . . Now as I read about her, I think of my Cameron girl. She's still seriously attached to her mommy, but lives in an entirely different world, I think!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Mothering my first child at age three was EXHAUSTING! WHEW! Enjoy it all. As my postal clerk tells me each and every week without fail, "Don't wish this time away. You will miss each exhausting minute of it."

The Wiggins Family said...

It's hard to imagine she is 3! I know Zachary is right behind her.
Happy belated Birthday Regan!!