As far as I can tell, camp was a great experience. Though, like school, I couldn't get her to tell me much. I just know she was happy each day when I picked her up and she was eager to go back the next morning. It didn't hurt that they had theme days each day, like super-hero day, rainbow day and pajama day!
She was cast as the Farmer's wife and had 5 lines we spent the week practicing. The whole family knew them by Friday. Her favorite part was at the end of the show, when she had to say to the audience, "Come on everyone let's encourage our beautiful cow to Moo. Say it with me, I can't hear you....". She loved having the job of getting the audience to Moo. Unfortunately I think all the kids in the play had memorized the entire script after all their practicing and Miss Bo Peep accidentally said that line....poor Addison stood there not at all sure what to do!!! In addition to her lines, the show included 5 songs with a dance routine for each one.
We were so proud of Addison and truly impressed at what they had taught such a young group of kids, most of which were doing this for the first time, in just a week. I am thankful for the older kids that served as mentors and for the caring staff. I love sending her to spend time with people who are praying for and encouraging her! I think we will definitley continue to be involved with AO1 in the future.
Addison's cheering section. Gracyn skipped her nap to watch the show.
1 comment:
they had that here last week too. I had never heard of it until I passed by and the sign was out. Next year I will definitely look into it. She is so pretty and looks so grown up in those pictures.
Hope you guys are having a fun summer!!
Post a Comment