Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!

I am backing up a bit and catching up on posts, for the sake of my memory book. Life has been crazy (fun, crazy) the last few weeks and I am behind on my blogging. My 32nd birthday was last week, and though there aren't many pictures to document, it was a great day. The girls and I got up early, dressed quickly and headed to the zoo. We were there when the gates opened and enjoyed the cool morning without crowds. We had a great time walking around and exploring. Later in the morning my neighbor and her girls met us for a picnic lunch, carousel and train rides and more animal watching.

We got home at 3:30 happy and tired. I had a quick hour and a half to get everyone showered and dressed for dinner that night. All was well until we had another "code-brown" situation in the bathtub with all 3 girls, none of whom had been bathed yet. I won't name the culprit, but I will say it was not the baby. I quickly evacuated the girls, moved them to another tub and got everyone clean.

Tommy finished work early and we headed to Salt Grass Steakhouse to meet some friends for dinner. We had a great time eating and visiting. Then, we headed to the mall for some shopping. My family gave me beautiful earrings and lots of sweet cards, and on the following night, when Erica and Austin arrived, they surprised me with a Cold Stone Cake. I am thankful for such a great day with my sweet family and friends.

1 comment:

The Wiggins Family said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I hear you are coming in town. We will have to join the gang at Double Daves. Carlee will love seeing Addison again.