Friday, January 14, 2011

21 Months

I have to count the months, every time someone asks how old she is. By the 3rd child, I just know that she is the baby, around 1 1/2 and though I don't really like to admit it....getting very close to 2. Funny, when I see other people with children the same age, they seem so big and grown up, while I consider Gracyn my baby. I guess that is what happens with the last child. Here are a few of my favorite things about her right now.

~If she hits or pushes her sisters she puts herself in time-out. I have to remember to get a picture of her with her little nose pressed into the corner. It is hard not to laugh at!

~She gets VERY frustrated if they get in her business right now. We are working on talking nicely but her instinct is to scream loudly at them.

~Same goes for me.....we are practicing "Please Mommy!".

~She loves Elmo, reading bibles (which is what she calls all books), playing Pat-A-Cake, the computers at the library (not so much the storytime), Baby Lanie, fruit snacks, coloring and playing hide-and-seek.

~We used to convince her it was bed time by telling her Baby Lanie (her new Bitty Baby) was tired. That worked for a few nights. Now, she learned how to tip Baby Lanie up-right, so that her eyes open and she tells us, "See Baby Yanie, Wakey Up!'.

~She is crazy about a set of dive sticks Steve and Dannea gave the girls for Christmas. She likes one with a turtle on top the best, but she also likes crabby and froggy. She sleeps with one of them most of the time.

~She is water crazy. She loves the bathtub....particularly lately, with our new colored bath drops. She loves to go swimming at the rec center with Daddy, and will jump in the shower anytime we let her.

~She still goes to Addison most of the time when I tell her no about something. And, most of the time Addison will do anything she wants.

~She is the first to express compassion when someone is hurt. She always checks on her sisters if they are crying and she always kisses everyone's boo-boos.

Such fun watching her grow up and seeing her little personality develop. Sad to see the baby chapter of our lives closing, but such fun looking forward to all the things we can do with 3 big girls. Gracyn should be well settled in Ohio, by her 2nd birthday. Hard to believe that she won't even remember Colorado!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

So cute. Love her personality- reminds me a little of hads. Who I still consider my baby even though she is almost three. Funny how when the other two were this age I thought of them as big kids.
Hope you guys had a good trip and the house sells quickly!!