Monday, January 24, 2011


Despite my strict instructions to "LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL MOMMY COMES HOME!", this girl lost her first tooth, while I was in Cincinnati. It is funny because even though there were no signs of loose teeth, I had been telling her from the time I planned the trip, that she better not lose her first tooth while I was gone. Then, sure enough, Wednesday evening, the night before I left we were eating dinner and she said her mouth felt funny. I checked it out and she was thrilled to discover that she had her first loose tooth.
We spent the evening working on it. She wiggled, I wiggled, we both wiggled some more. She asked me to pull it out and I tried, but it just wasn't ready. She was still wiggling away the next morning, when Tommy and I left for our flight. She called me that afternoon to report that she had pulled it at school. She was beyond excited for her trip to the nurse and her treasure box. She couldn't wait to go to bed that night, in anticipation for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy did not disappoint. She left 5 golden dollars and sprinkled both Addison and Reagan with fairy dust while she was there! Good job tooth fairy!!!
I love her little snaggle tooth smile. She looks adorable!!! Though the smile is a reminder that the first loose tooth is basically step one down a long, expensive orthodontic road!!! Better start saving up for that! :)

2 comments:

Amanda Burkett said...

She looks so grown up with that tiny window in her smile! Beautiful Addison!! I love it!

Lacey said...

Awwww... The one next to it will be out in a week or two. and then the top two. Gavin had all four out within two months. Better get your wings ready. :)