Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First day of First Grade

Addison's first day of first grade was a big hit! Fortunately she had better success at school, than I had taking pictures. Something must have been on my camera lens. Combine that, with trying to get 3 girls, who have gotten used to sleeping in and lazy starts, up and out the door to the bus stop and I didn't do that great with my pictures.

Here is Addison loading up the bus. It was a crazy start! We were outside plenty early, but because of road construction and first day craziness, we didn't expect the bus to be on time. The kids were happily riding bikes around the cul-de-sac, when the bus rounded the corner about a minute early. Bikes were quickly tossed to the ground and frenzied kids ran to the bus. Probably a blessing for mama, because I didn't have time to cry. At least not until I got back to my quiet house and thought about the fact that I had just put her on a bus for a full day gone. It is like sending your heart away and waving good-bye. Thankfully Reagan, Gracyn and I had plans at King's Island with friends, so that kept us busy.
Here she is with her #1 for first grade. She had her hair down with no bow, per her request.

Pretty girl, she came home with only good things to say about the day. I expected her to be exhausted, but that wasn't the case. The neighborhood kids poured off the bus and then played hard in our backyard and out on the street all night. The came in for quick dinner breaks, and then everyone met back outside.

Sister love. Reagan has asked a few times randomly, "Where's Addison?". They aren't used to being apart.

These pictures back up to last Friday when Addison had "Meet the Teacher". Tommy came with us that morning, but was working beforehand, so I was scrambling to get us all ready to go and forgot the camera. We only have a few blurry pics from his phone. Her name tag has the name of another student on the back, because she had two teachers. She spends half the day with her homeroom teacher, learning several subjects and then switches to the neighboring teacher for the remaining class. The name on the back of the card, is the student who uses her spot from the other class.

We met both teachers and everyone seemed great. Addison was most excited about the Science Lab she gets to visit once each week. They have 7 class pets in there, and if your parents give the okay, you can go into a drawing to take one home and babysit for the weekend.

I am missing my girl like crazy, but I look forward to hearing her stories at the end of each day. I am so grateful that she is happy and having fun!











2 comments:

Lacey said...

Was Kindergarten half day? It is so hard to let them go. I have been sad right there with you and Hadley a complete mess. Hads started at 11am asking when it was time to go get GAvy and Ellie. I think it's been hardest on her. And her preschool doesn't start for another three weeks.

I am sure Addison is going to have a FANTASTIC year.

Oh- and be thankful for the bus- we lost ours this year and I am about to go out in 101 degree heat to get them on our bikes. YUCK!!!!!

Jenn said...

wow! I just can't believe she is in the 1st grade! And she looks so big (and like her momma at that age!). Way to go Addison! You'll do great in school!

:o)