Well, we got an offer on our house today, after THREE days on the market. Today was only the second showing. We haven't officially accepted the offer as of this evening, but it looks as though we probably will. Here is the catch....they want to close on the 31st, of January, in 2 1/2 weeks!!!
That puts A LOT of pressure on us, as it is not likely we can find a house there that fast. Good grief, I am not even sure we even have time to schedule a house hunting trip in that time frame. I have big concerns about moving the girls into temporary housing and how they would handle 2 transitions. I know that will be hard on all of us.
Most of all, I am just not ready to leave The Woodlands. In my mind, this move would take place in mid-March. I had lots of plans for another 2 months with my friends and trips to visit family, with a leisurely trip to Denver in between to find a house. Since finding out about this move, I have focused on getting our house ready and planning a move. I haven't really accepted the reality of actually moving, and didn't plan to do so until the first part of March. I can't imagine how my days are going to be without my sweet friends right around the corner.
So, I prayed through all of this as I was rocking Reagan to sleep and we were waiting for the official offer to come through. I asked the Lord to prepare my heart for whatever might come and to give us wisdom on what to do. As I prayed I listened to Tommy praying with Addison in the other room. They were so excited about selling our house and so excited about moving to Colorado. I prayed for the Lord to give me the same excitement.
The Lord always amazes me in the ways that he works. I came downstairs after putting the girls to bed and opened my email to view the official offer from the realtor. The offer was included in an attachment, but the actual note from the buyers realtor ended with this quote...
"Fear not tomorrow…God is already there. Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." Anonymous
Wow, it was as if the Lord vocalized to me, exactly what I was feeling and put those words there to ease my mind. What a great reminder, just at a time when I needed it, that the Lord's hand is in everything we do, that he has a plan for us, and that he has our best interest in mind. Now, if I would only learn to trust more deeply.
2 comments:
Kim, I'm in tears. I love your sweet faith. I am excited about what the Lord has in store for you and your family. How great is He to give you comfort in this time....Love you!
Wow Kim! Your faith is amazing. That quote really struck me as well as we are going through issues of our own. I will be praying for you and your sweet little family that God makes this transition amazingly easy! We need to talk!!!
Post a Comment