Sunday, January 20, 2008

This is the One



Well, for all we had heard about Colorado being a buyer's market, that is certainly not what we found. Tommy wanted me to call this post, "Buyer's Market my A**". We spent three days with the realtors in Highlands Ranch and found 2 houses that we loved. The realtor felt like we would be able to negotiate a great price on either one of them. We made our first offer and it was refused. We made an offer on the second house and she countered back saying that the asking price was all she would take. Finally after a few days back and forth, just as I started wondering when in the world I was going to make a second trip out there to start over with my house hunting, we finally settled on a price and moved forward with a closing date.

We really love the house. It has 4 bedrooms and a fully finished basement. Upstairs are our three bedrooms and a great big laundry room. The realtor laughed at me when I told her I knew I was getting older, because of how much I loved that laundry room. The main level has the family room, dining room and kitchen and also a guest bedroom and guest bath. Downstairs the basement has two big rooms. One will be our workout room, and the other an additional family room/the girls playroom. It has a small backyard, but it has a beautiful stained concrete patio and it backs to the greenbelt with bike trails and a playground for the girls.

We are praying all goes smooth. We are set to close on February 23rd. We will enter with paintbrushes in hand to cover up all the baby blue and to paint Addison's room pink!
Edited to Add: Don't let all that green grass fool you. That picture was taken in September when the house originally went on the market. It has AT LEAST 4 feet of snow piled up in the yard right now! The driveway is icy and so is the road in front of the house.
I have this fear that I am not going to be able to get my car up the driveway and sometime during the first week, I will be the lady from Texas who's SUV is out in the middle of the street!

1 comment:

The Skains Family said...

It looks beautiful Kim! Congratulations and I am so glad it all worked out. I have to admit though that I am a little bit jealous :)!!! Maybe one day San Diego will allow us to buy a home!