Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quick Update

Hi All, I am so sorry if you have left me a message or sent me an email that I haven't answered yet. The last week has been quite a whirlwind. Selling a house, making a last minute trip with two little ones, and buying a house in a state you have never even been to before is a lot for one week!!! Good news though, we found a house we really love in Highlands Ranch. It is a newer home with 5 bedrooms, a basement we can finish if we want to, and a huge backyard with a playset. It already has a pink bedroom for Addison, which she loves. She wanted to stay at the house, they had a playroom she played in while Tommy and I were working on the contract. I am afraid she thinks it will come fully stocked with all the toys. We should hear something back on the house today, but we expect to be in negotiations for a few days. Should this house not work out, we have a 2nd choice in the same neighborhood we like equally as well.

The town looked great, with lots of things for the kids to do. I was most excited when I visited one of the rec centers that are included in your HOA fees. They all have indoor and outdoor pools/family waterparks. The location closest to the new house has the most amazing indoor pool with a lazy river, huge hottub and a playset in the wading pool. I know the girls and I will be hitting the pool as soon as we get settled. Addison was ready to swim during our tour yesterday.

The plane rides went really well. Thank goodness my mom was able to fly with me, since Tommy already had flights scheduled for work and we weren't able to get on the same planes. The girls were wiggly, tired and restless especially getting in at 10:00pm last night, but they did better then I expected. My poor mom is in worse shape then they are this morning. She is not used to spending all day chasing little ones. She said the girls were easy, but that their car seats, double stroller, and all the gear are not! Thankfully we were blessed and we encountered lots of helpful people along the way.

Thanks for all your prayers. Hopefully I will be posting good news about the house soon!

No comments: