Here is my big girl, running around the house in her "big girl panties". She asks for them all the time, running all three words together into one! She prefers to take off the diaper and wear them. I prefer that she put them on top! I know the chuch nursery thinks we are crazy when they go to change her diaper and find her that way, but it is what she likes!I am amazed at how fast she is growing, but I love these sweet toddler days (minus the willfull tantrums). She is such a little parrot and repeats every word/phrase she hears. She is pairing lots of words with "mine" lately...."mine suitcase", "mine popcorn", "mine babydoll". Or, if it is something she knows belongs to her sister she will grab it and say "share". One of my favorite phrases she uses right now is "too-tight". She says this about clothes, shoes and mostly the carseat. I think she may have heard the carseat complaints from Addison. She also tells me the car radio is "too-loud". She knows all of her friends on the street and starts calling for them by name, the moment we step outside. Finally it warms my heart when she picks up my cell-phone or hears the front door open in the evening and says "Hi Daddy!". She is finally becoming his little buddy.
Reagan is very musical. It always amazes me how she can hear a song and then humm the tune right back to you. She may not always be able to say all the words, but she can get the tempo and tune right! She most certainly DID NOT get that from her Mama. If Tommy is in our bedroom with her, she immediatly starts singing a worship song she knows from him and crawling under the bed to get the guitar. They play music together almost every day. Her favorite songs right now are Twinkle, Twinkle and The B-I-B-L-E.
Reagan loves to draw and color and is most certainly left-handed. She loves the magna-doodle and crayons and markers. She likes to trace our hands and she loves for us to draw her cats, ghosts and happy-faces. She also loves playing with babies and barbies and she loves to read her books. She is pretty content and happy playing by herself, but most of the time her sissy, and best-friend, is right there to entertain her. They are big-buddies right now and I love to find them playing happily together. Addison leads her, sticks up for her and helps take care of her. Reagan misses her terribly when she is at school.
I am learning lots of lessons about will-power and asking God every day to help me parent her right. This is my first experience with a strong-willed little one. I am amazed everyday at the power and determination that are contained in that little 23 pound fireball! I know it will serve her well someday....I just hope I survive!
1 comment:
Thanks again for making my day. It is such a sweet diversion from "why can't I stay out past my curfew" and Why do YOU have to chaperone every dance?" etc...Strong willed children are the best!!! They keep you on your knees!
Post a Comment