Monday, October 06, 2008

Look At My Dog!


Poor Maggie! No, she isn't a new Dish Network subscriber....she just has allergies and can't stop itching her feet. She started chewing them NON-STOP a few weeks ago. Tommy and I have given her round the clock benadryl and anti-itch spray the entire time, but nothing helps. She has scratched to the point that she has blisters on her feet. So, today, Reagan and I took her to the vet. $250 later, we find out she has an ear infection along with all the foot problems. She has 4 medecines and the cone for the next three weeks! Poor Reagan gets knocked down everytime she goes near her. Maggie is bumping into walls and furniture. The worst part though, is that she is embarassed! Tommy and Addison started laughing when we came home, and Maggie wouldn't even come in from the garage. She just stood there with her little cone head hanging down!
The vet was the end of a day of dr's visits! If only Tommy had needed something we could have made it unanimous. The girls went this morning for Reagan's well-check and flu shots. For those of you counting. we had 2 hours at the office, one heel prick, and 6 shots! That is a pretty rough morning.
After the girls dr. I rushed them through lunch and dropped Addison off at school late. I then ran home put Reagan to bed, and ran to my dr while Tommy worked from home. My dr's appointment took another two hours. Then, it was back home to feed the girls a snack, pick up Maggie and take her in!
We are one tired family!!! Just resting tonight and thanking God that it is only an occasional day we spend at so many dr's appointments and that nobody is really sick! We know we are blessed!!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Poor Maggie!

I know a dog that has such severe allergies that they have to wear t-shirts, a cone on their head, and sometimes little shoes!

I hope she feels better soon!

lil' mama said...

Poor Mags! Hope you all got some rest.

L said...

I remember when Draino has had the cone...his poor self esteem just drops. It does make for great laughs though.

The Chappelles said...

Kim, again, you are simply amazing. I love that you do it all with a positive attitude. I am sorry you had such a touch day. Glad you have hubs that is so willing to tag team with you! Hope the dog gets better soon. That cone thingy is so pitiful.

Amanda Burkett said...

Don't laugh . . . Greg's westie growing up had such bad allergies on his feet that he nearly died!! Seriously!! So, Diane had to rinse his feet off with warm water every time he came inside, and then dry them off. It just rinsed the pollen/grass/etc. off of his feet, and he did great for several years!!! Poor Maggie. Poor sweet cone-head Maggie.

The Wiggins Family said...

Carlee say this picture and said, "She has a lightpool on it's head." Whatever that means, just thought it was funny.