This is what we ended up with.
After a birthday party today, Tommy and I took advantage of the kids being asleep in the car and headed out 70 west to see the mountains. We haven't driven that way since moving here, and had heard from several people that it is really beautiful in the fall. We were driving along and enjoying the gold Aspen trees everywhere, when it started to rain. That was fine, but withing a few miles, it was snowing.
This Texas Mommy PANICKED! We went through some long tunnel, which had huge "Icy Condition" signs everywhere. On the other side of the tunnel was a car wreck involving several cars and we were 7 miles from the next turnaround to take us back home. I was wondering what in the world we were doing there and warned Tommy that I probably wouldn't come back unless it was July.
Reagan slept through everything, Tommy and Addison loved every second of it, and I just prayed the whole way that we would make it home safely. Thankfully we went down a few thousand feet pretty quickly and were back to just rain. Addison was begging to ski and sled and wanted out to play! Weather Central has the possibility of snow listed for 3 out of 7 days next week, so she just might get her chance.

No comments:
Post a Comment