Addison is about to have to take over all of the household duties, because the rest of us are falling apart around here! Truthfully, I am actually fine. Just in the tired, achey and grouchy final stages of pregnancy. But Tommy and Reagan aren't doing so great.
Poor Tommy went Saturday to have a massage that I had gotten him for Valentine's Day. He came home saying it wasn't that great, and by the end of the night, he couldn't move his neck. We aren't sure what she did to him, but his relaxing massage has turned into 3 days of extreme pain. Finally today, I booked him an appointment with a chiropracter and he will be spending a few days this week, getting adjustments to try to undo whatever the massage therapist did! Meanwhile, I have adjusted quite nicely to the smell of TigerBalm....it is such a strong smell, I feel like it is with me wherever I go!
My poor Reagan is also really sick! Today was our 6th day of high fever, respiratory problems and breathing treatments. Her fever broke a few days over the weekend and I thought she was on the mend, and then last night, she had her worst night yet. I spent the night listening to her heavy breathing and wondering if I should take her to the ER. I called the dr first thing this morning, and went right to the office. They then sent me across town to get her chest x-rayed. My poor baby felt horrible, she cried and cried in the back of the car and just wanted to snuggle with me and her blankie. Imagine my frustration after I lug my sick, unhappy little one into the x-ray lab and they tell me they can't do it, because they need me to hold her and I can't do that while pregnant. I had to call my pedi back and then drive 30 minutes to the other side of town to a new office. The x-ray came back clear of pneumonia, so they started her on an additional steroid breathing treatment. I have held her, snuggled her and administered breathing treatments all day. Poor baby just feels really yucky!
I am praying tomorrow is a better day for both of them. And, I am saying big prayers that Addison doesn't catch whatever Reagan has. I have sure been anxious for March 30th to get here, and for Gracyn to arrive, but I must say today I was thankful she is still safely inside! I don't know where I would have gotten the extra hands to juggle a 3rd little one today.
4 comments:
That stinks. I hope that your house gets to feeling better soon. I can not believe a massage led to that. Crazy. And glad little one is clear of pneumonia. Thank Goodness. Atleast you are getting it all out of your families systems before Miss Gracyn arrives. :)Hope today is a better day.
Poor things! I do hope that everyone feels better soon!
i'm so sorry, kim!! tommy should have stuck with "modesty" :) i hope reagan feels better soon and that she isn't bouncing off the walls with her steroids. talk to you soon...
Hey Love! We'll be praying for all of you guys, especially little Reagan. Hey, we had some serious side-effects (with Ben) using chest-rub ointments when he had his breathing issues last year. If you're using Baby Vicks or anything, you might want to try a day without and see if does any better. Keep us posted. Love!
Post a Comment