Sunday, February 01, 2009

Playtime, The Aftermath

The Basement Closet

The Basement Playroom

The Big Girl's Room



The Baby Room


The Upstairs Hallway




Look Mom, we picked our own clothes.
My sweet girls are getting better and better about playing together. They enjoy each other's company and have the best time. I am learning to take advantage of it and get a few things done while they are happy and content together. This morning, they played for a few hours while Tommy and I did some work around the house.
What you see is the result. They had the best time playing Barbies, Babies, and pretending to go to the spa and shopping (aren't I teaching them well!). We listened from other rooms, checked in every so often and helped them when they came to us needing something.
I love that they have such a great time together. My house, on the other hand, needs some serious help recovering from the fun! They drug stuff out on all three levels of the house. There are toys and messes in every room! Mommy has a lot of work to do!
They finished off their playtime by digging through a bucket of clothes I had out. They chose their old 4th of July dresses and flip-flops and dressed themselves for the day. We are having beautiful warm days, but not that warm. The sundresses and sandals are going to be a stretch for a February day in Denver.
I leave you with another funny house-keeping story. I am beginning to slack a little around here, since my 3rd trimester....pregnancy makes me slow! We have a sliding glass door off of our dining room/kitchen, to the back patio. Between the girls always looking out and the dog sliming the door from the outside and inside it gets really yucky!!! When I am not tired and pregnant, I usually wipe it down every evening when I clean up the dinner dishes. But, recently I have let it go for a few weeks. I finally cleaned it a few days ago. A little while later, Maggie came running in from outside, didn't realize the door was closed, and slammed right into the shiny, clean glass. I guess I really had let it go! She is approaching the door with caution these days.





2 comments:

Amanda Burkett said...

Girl! Your blog has been more fun to check the last few days . . . The Bedtime Battles are precious, (and trying, I'm sure), sure to be adorable little stories you'll tell the girls for years. And the pictures of Reagan with her sweet Maggie-dog are darling. But the tremendous pink messes all over your lovely home are the best! I know they're having the most wonderful time as little sisters, growing up together. Reminds me of days with Courtney, Barbies, make-up, horses and more. Such amazing days. Love you! A

Lacey said...

Haaa...Ha.... you should see my house...
hey, look on the bright side....atleast they are playing together. :) I think it is so cute that they are becoming so close. Gotta love sisters!!