Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Even Super Dads Have Off Nights

Last night the girls wanted Tommy to take them swimming after dinner. We have found that an evening swim works great if we take their jammies, shower them in the family changing room and bring them home ready for bed. On a side note, let me assure you this is indoor swimming we are talking about. It was 50 degrees here yesterday...summer, where are you already?

Tommy was happy to take them and we rushed through dinner to get them there. I am usually chief bag-packer of the family, but since I was cooking, I told him what they needed and he set off to get the bag. He packed up, we got everyone changed and they headed out.

I was upstairs snuggling Gracyn when I heard them come home a little later. Addison came in first and I heard her calling me. She marched right upstairs, put her hands on her hips and told me, "Reagan had a big diarrhea, we both got shampoo in our eyes, and I had no panties!".

It made me laugh so hard. These crazy things don't usually happen to Tommy, the girls seem to reserve the chaos for me. He came in soon behind her, heard me laughing and said, "I guess you heard." Thank goodness he is so laid back and all our "girl drama" never bothers him. They had a good time and that is all that matters.

We sent Addison, who was still "commando" to get her panties. Read them a few books and tucked them in for the night! Thanks Super-Dad for all the fun adventures!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

That is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...totally snorting with laughter!!!!!!!!!!! Poor guy! That is too precious!!!!

The Martin's said...

i love your stories. sooo funny!