Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Rolly-Polly Season


My girls, L-O-V-E hunting for roly-poly bugs. It is the preferred activity for spring and summer. They got brand new bug-catchers in their Easter baskets and we have just been waiting for the warm weather to arrive. Well, last week we finally started seeing the little critters and all the neighborhood girls couldn't be more excited.
I remembered from last year that the roly-polys are out crawling around early in the morning so this morning, at 7:30 am, the girls put sweaters over their pj's and we headed out to hunt. Last year, I had to watch Reagan like crazy, because she either squished and/or tried to eat every bug she got her hands on, but this year she knows just what to do. We wandered to the playground and ended up outside for 2 full hours. We only came back because Gracyn started squirming in her sling and was ready to eat.
I know these morning walks outside will be some of my fondest memories someday. It is so easy to be thankful for all my blessings when I am outside in the fresh air and sunshine surrounded by beauty. I find it so much easier to pray in that setting and I just feel peaceful! It sure helps that my girls aren't fighting out there and I am not running behind them cleaning up toys!
Just for fun, here we are a few hours later all cleaned up and taking Addison to school. Some of you probably remember that from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 Addison ALWAYS wore her sunglasses upside down. Looks like it is in their genes!



And, here is how Miss Gracyn spent a good part of her morning. She has been a little more content this week. I also am noticing her trying to smile. I can see it in her eyes and she is trying so hard with her little lips.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My older daughter freaks at the thought of bugs. While we were driving to school last week, she started to scream and shiver. I nearly ran off the road. I said, WHAT IS WRONGGGG???? She said, "I just remembered the millipede we saw at Oma's house (my MIL) last year!" LOL.

Love the sunglasses. Gracyn is so cute!

Shannon