Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day




Happy Mother's Day. I hope everyone had a great day with their little ones and their families. My day was perfect. It started out with the gift of SLEEP!!! Tommy took Gracyn at 5:30 and Reagan at 6:00 and headed downstairs with them. Addison crawled in bed with me to watch a movie and I slept until 8:30...Yeah!
When I headed downstairs Reagan was waiting with a present she had wrapped and she also told me, "Heart", over and over again. I unwrapped this beautiful bracelet they had picked for me from James Avery. Daddy told them that the heart told me how much they love me. They also got me a Taylor Swift CD. We showed Addison a few of her videos Friday night and she was a hit. I wonder, does this mean I can add a little variety in my car in between Dora and VeggieTales. Finally, Addison told Daddy that I broke my water bottle last week. She showed him the exact one in Target and bought me a new one. So sweet.
We ran around like crazy for the next 1 1/2 and made it out the door to church. I got pictures with my big girls, but Gracyn was sound asleep in her carseat. The church service was great. The children's choir sang and the overhead was a slide show of pictures that children in the church had made for their mom's. The pastor's wife spoke about motherhood. They also had a baby dedication, which included FOUR girls named Addison!



After church we got the girls down for a nap and relaxed a little while. This evening we took them to the pool! We nearly had the place to ourselves and it was great. My little Reagan is getting far to brave in the water, and I was certain that a lifeguard was going to have to go in after her at some point. It turns out that Addison had to have his help, when she came down the slide to fast and smashed her head on the bottom of the pool. Thankfully she wasn't hurt too bad and she was thrilled with the ice-pack he offered her!
Happy Mother's Day again....Have a great week!




















3 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! It looks like it was a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mom's Day!! Glad you enjoyed your day!!

The Martin's said...

sounds like a perfect mother's day to me!