Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Oh REM Cycle, How I Miss You

I am beginning to think that the REM cycle of sleep and motherhood of toddlers just don't go together. Reagan is FINALLY doing better at night. About half the time she sleeps through the night, until 6:00am and on the other nights she usually only gets up once. A big improvement from waking every 4 hours like she did for so long. I am so thankfully, and most days feel like a new woman.

However, lately Addison has been waking up at night for various different reasons. Talking in her sleep, going to the bathroom, etc. It seems as though one or the other gets me up at least once. Last night was a good example.

First Reagan woke up around 1:00am. She never really cried, just chatted and played for about 30 minutes. I eventually went in there, just to get her back to sleep quickly so I could sleep too. It took me awhile to fall back asleep.

At 5:00am, Addison was calling me. I peeked in her door to see if she was really awake or just talking in her sleep. Awake she was, WIDE AWAKE. Here is how the conversation went....

Me: What's wrong, Addison?
A: I can't find my kitty I was trying to sleep with.

Last night she was playing with 2 stuffed cats that she got for Christmas. She packed one for the cruise and wanted the other to sleep with. I searched through her bed, under her bed and under the covers and couldn't find it.

Me: Addison, I don't know where it is....
A: It is a MYSTERY!!!

She even makes me laugh at 5:00am.

Thankfully she was okay with me getting the other one from her cruise bag. I staggered back to my bedroom to get it and stumbled on the missing cat on the way there. It had never even made it to her bed the night before.

Thankfully she went back to sleep quickly. Sadly for me it took about an hour, at which point both girls were waking for the day!

1 comment:

Amanda Burkett said...

Missing the REM cycle, along with you, sweet friend. Hopefully the waves of the ocean will rock your sweet girls to sleep on your cruise! Have fun, and can't wait to see the Blog posts when you return.