
Dear Addison,
Mommy can hardly believe you are three years old. It seems so grown up, compared to two! Especially since you suddenly have this life of your own. Preschool, Vacation Bible School, Awanas and Ballet....lots of things you don't need me for. This is tough for a Mommy has spent nearly every second of everyday with you so far. I am learning to slowly let you go. I am so proud to watch how independent your are and how well you fit-in with any group. You are so sweet and obedient. You are a rule-follower and a people-pleaser.
You are determined, these days, to do things BY YOURSELF. You don't want help dressing yourself, you don't want help in the bathroom, you want to buckle your own car-seat and shut your own car door. If for some reason, I help you with any of these things, it sends you into a fit of tears!
I am so proud to see how much you are learning about God. Lately you are praying on your own, with confidence. You tell me stories from the bible and ask questions about God, Jesus and heaven. You love for us to read the bible to you, and nothing melts our hearts more than to hear you walking around singing praise and worship music. Daddy taught you, "God of Heaven, Come Down," by the Robby Seay Band and you sing the entire chorus.
Seeing you with Reagan also makes me so proud. You are such a sweet and loving big sister. You would love to carry her everywhere if she would let you. You understand that she is learning how to "be nice" and you have a great measure of patience for her (most of the time). Your heart is big for your sissy, you don't ever want her to cry or be upset. When you hear her waking up, you are anxious to see her, and you run to her room and jump in the bed. She is such a big part of your life, part of who you are. When people ask you your name, you always answer, "Addison and Reagan"! You don't ever want her left out.
You are our "Little Buddy" lately. You and I love to get pedicures together and watch "The Kid Show". You help me cook and help me around the house. With Daddy, you like to work-out, build things and wrestle! You are so much fun to be around.
We love you so much!!! Just when we think we couldn't love you anymore you get just a little cuter and a little bit sweeter. You make us laugh everyday. You make us proud everyday. You make everyday better. I am blessed to be your Mommy and I know Daddy feels the same way.
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
Uh! Moved to tears! I guess because I feel the exact same way and see many, many similarities between my girls and Addison. So incredibly sweet! I am so glad that ya'll (do they say 'ya'll' in CO?) are doing well and that you truly can see that Addison loves Jesus!
What special parents she has!
Post a Comment