Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One

Dear Reagan,

Sweet girl, at 13 months old, you are just bursting with personality and passion. You are determined and tough but also so sweet and loving. You seem to find trouble around every corner and you give us the cutest most mischevious grin when you are doing something you know you shouldn't. You climb things, throw things in the toilet, and rearrange Mommy's decorations. But you sure are precious doing it. Just when I think I am going to go crazy with your antics, you plant big sweet kisses on my lips or climb into my lap to snuggle.

Your favorite book, right now, is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". Every time we are in the basement, you manage to find it. My heart could burst at the way you come toddling over to me, hand me the book and sit down in my lap for me to read it. You don't always read in the traditional sense, listening quietly from cover to cover, but you love to explore books. You like to flip the pages yourself, at your own pace. And you love to point at the pictures, feel the pages and make noises! You like books that have things to flip or textures to feel. I take you to the library for Storytime every week. You have a great time there, pulling books of the shelf and exploring, but you really haven't sat still enough to actually hear any of Storytime yet.

We are watching you learn new things everyday. You show us your tummy, you sing "Patty-Cake" and "The Turtle Song" with the hand motions, and you give kisses and high-fives. When we pray at dinner, you clasp your little hands together. You know how to feed your baby-dolls and how to put them in the stroller and push them around. You love to draw with crayons, but I have to watch you close, because you also love to eat them and you will draw on everything!


If we could, you would stay outside all day long. You are precious as can be, toddling around the back patio. You love the sidewalk chalk and the slide out there. You love our Maggie dog and all the other dogs that pass by. You are also getting around well enough to go up and down the front sidewalk with your push toys.

Boo Boo, you make life very, very interesting! I don't remember life without you. I know you are always going to keep me on my toes. I have so much fun watching you and teaching you. Mommy and Daddy love you so much and can't wait to see you grow up. We are blessed to be your parents.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: