Thursday, May 01, 2008

Take a Break!

Addison and I often share an ice-cream shake for dessert or a snack. During such sharing, she has often heard me say, "Take a break!". One, because I don't want her to get a head-ache from sucking down ice-cream too fast. And two, because I don't want her to drink it all before I get a chance!

As of today, we added a third party to our shake sharing! I took the girls to Red Robin for lunch. As usual, I ordered a shake to-go, for Addison and I to drink on the way home. Our hands were full walking out. I had Reagan, the shake, the diaper bag and 2 balloons. Addison had the to-go box. Add to this layers of coats and hats because today on MAY 1ST, IT IS SNOWING LIKE CRAZY and we were loaded down. Mid-way through the parking lot Addison asks where the shake is. She is looking around and then starts shouting, "Take a break Reagan, take a break!" I realized then, that the entire time we had been making our way out, Reagan had been bent over in my arms sucking chocolate shake from the cup in my hands, with all her might! She was one happy girl!

Our ride home was fun!!! The girls alternated screaming for the shake, while the other had her turn. Addison is used to the sharing and was actually trying to take turns. For Reagan though, this is all new. She held onto that shake for dear life every time she got it in her little hands! I just sat in the front and laughed! They were so funny I almost didn't notice that I didn't get a turn!!!

2 comments:

The Chappelles said...

Another good story from Kim! I love it!

Amanda Burkett said...

That's HYSTERICAL! I love it!