My oh my how my perspective changes throughout the day! Here is an example of the difference between 7am and 7pm around my house.
7am: I am snuggled in my rocking chair with all 3 girls. I can't get close enough to them and I am loving the time. Reagan is sitting in my lap, Addison is squished up next to me, holding Gracyn. We are reading books and doing their morning devotional. I am blissfully happy, thinking how blessed I am and trying to soak up the moment. I find myself thinking how sweet it is that we have this time together, and that with each girl we have found just a little more room in that rocking chair.
7pm: Here we are back in the rocking chair. Good grief, how do we all fit in this chair? Are we about to break the thing? Gracyn is trying to nurse and go to sleep (hard to do while she's all squished), why is everyone on Mommy? How can 3 little people all be on me at the same time....how is that even possible? How many minutes until bedtime? Doesn't anyone want Daddy or some independent playtime for a minute. I think I might be smothering!!!
Thank goodness the Lord gives us new mercies every morning! I am glad by 7:00am I am always ready for more snuggles and togetherness. Someday I know I will sit in that rocking chair longing for little bodies to be in my arms and daydreaming about the days when it was overflowing!
1 comment:
such sweet sentiments!
Post a Comment