Gracyn is growing too fast! See her little toes sticking out of the sling!Photography by Addison.
Sweet Sisters!
Reagan is examining the butterfly on the ground.
Pappy pointing out all the pretty things.but not about to touch.
Yesterday was the last day of my Dad's trip here, so we decided to take the girls to the Denver Butterfly Pavilion. The girls were up and going at 6:00am and I started getting everyone ready right away. THREE hours later I had everyone dressed, fed, fed again (Gracyn), and ready to go!
I unfortunately forgot that the pavilion is kept at a warm and muggy 90% humidity. It was reminiscent of my Houston days. I realized after stepping in there that I could have saved the 20 minutes I spent blow-drying and straightening my hair.
I unfortunately forgot that the pavilion is kept at a warm and muggy 90% humidity. It was reminiscent of my Houston days. I realized after stepping in there that I could have saved the 20 minutes I spent blow-drying and straightening my hair.
When we got to the pavilion, we headed right to see Rosie the Tarantula. Addison was thrilled to hold him. She is fearless! Reagan was more like me. She quietly observed from a safe distance, but was not about to touch it. We also had the pleasure of seeing roaches the size of my feet. This is also reminiscent of my Houston days, at least here they are in cages. Once we had our fill of the bug room, and my skin was starting to crawl, we headed to the aquarium area. The girls saw fish, jellyfish and crabs and they got to pet a starfish.
Finally we made it out to the butterflies. They are so beautiful. There are hundreds of them along with beautiful flowers and ponds. Addison grabbed my camera and happily snapped away. She loves taking pictures and is even learning a little about it. She took a picture at one point, and then turned to tell me that there was too much sun. We got to watch as several butterflies were emerging from their chrysalis and unfolding their wings for the first time.
After we left, we grabbed a quick lunch and some ice-cream (know that I use the term quick VERY loosely, we aren't too fast at anything right now). We got home just in time to give Reagan a quick one-hour nap and then headed to a birthday party. It was a busy day, but lots of fun!


2 comments:
Love your baby sling - that is so cute!!! Great talking to you today.
How fun! I know Carlee and Zac would love to go to a butterfly exibit. We have a few flowers on our back patio that attracts butterflies and we got to enjoy one the other day for the first time since we have had the plant. I even had time to grab the camera, change the batteries and take a few pictures. So fun!
So your not missing the humidity or roaches?? come on... hahaha
Post a Comment