Friday, April 10, 2009

My Girls

I read a blog a few days ago, where the mom spent some time complimenting each of her children. Since, it is often too funny and easy to write about all the craziness, I wanted to borrow her idea and share some of the sweet things about my little ones.

Addison is such a natural nurturer. She is always the first to help a smaller child in need. She has a gentle way with them, that makes them attracted to her. She is so helpful to have around. She has great leadership qualities with kids her own age, too. We had a conference with her preschool teacher a few days ago, and while she didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, it is always nice to hear from someone else how smart, sweet, and kind your child is. She loves learning, reading and making crafts! And, I love seeing how she she improves at each of these things everyday.I am always so impressed with how much growth you see at this age, in just a few days time. She knows so many bible stories and loves learning about Jesus. Addison is as outgoing as a person can be. She lights up a room with her smiles, stories and outgoing personality. She can start up a conversation with anyone...anywhere! She is anxious to play with her friends every chance she gets. I love this little one with all my heart, and I am so excited to see how her personality develops as she grows.

Reagan is at such a cute age right now. She makes me laugh over and over again throughout the day. She is one smart little girl. She is curious and observant. She likes to take things in for a while, before she jumps in herself. I can just see her brain working as she studies new situations. She is strong-willed and won't easily be convinced to do something she doesn't want to. Reagan's vocabulary blows us away. She is speaking in full sentences all the time! She has a great interest in learning is always asking me "What is that called?" or "What is that for?", when she encounters something new. Reagan loves her friends and has usually asked me to call them by 6:45 in the morning. She is great in her new role as big sister! Gracyn just makes her smile. She is so in love and can't get enough of holding her sister. Sometimes I see her with her baby-dolls and she folds her hands to pray with them. She also keeps us in line at the dinner talbe and never lets us forget our mealtime prayer, these moments are so precious. Finally, Reagan has such sweet compassion and concern for others. She doesn't like to hear anyone crying. This gets her worried and she will tell me, "They need their Mommy." I love to see this empathy in her. She is such fun to be around and I am so proud to be her Mom!

Finally my little Gracyn, we are just getting to know you, but we love you to pieces. You are such a sweet snuggler. You smell so good and you are just the perfect size to curl into a ball and nap on my chest. I love all your sweet little sounds and even your sad little cry. You love to be held! I honestly think if I could hold you all day, we wouldn't hear a peep out of you! You have captured not only my heart in 12 short days, but also your Daddy's and your two Sister's. We can't wait to watch each day as your personality emerges more and more. I know God has big things in store for your life. We love you little one!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Birth order has really facinated me lately. And reading about your kiddos seems to make the theories more and more true. Our oldest's are a lot alike, our middle's are a lot alike, and Hadley only wanted to be held her first few months of life...but oh she has a BIG personality now...cant wait to see what personality Gracyn will have. Enjoy those sweet girls!