We arrived at the boat terminal about 1:00, and thanks to the sweet Castaway Cay privilege for return cruisers, we had a quick check in line and were onboard and at the lunch buffet really quickly. Tommy and I had been anxiously awaiting the cruise food and it was fun seeing my Dad and Deb experience it for the first time. It is just so good and there is so much of it!!! The service is amazing and the staff goes out of the way to make your trip perfect.
After lunch, we headed out to the deck party. This is always a blast! They gave the kids streamers and everyone was pumped up.....lots of singing, dancing and a cheerful countdown to sail. The characters come out for a big performance on the stage and there are fireworks. The girls were so excited. Thankfully this was the only cold day we had, but the wind was blowing like crazy and it was freezing, so we didn't stay out there too long!



After the deck party, we headed in so the girls could visit the kid's club. I can't say enough good things about the children's programs on Disney Cruise. My girls are BIG Mama's girls and don't really care to leave me, but they beg to go in this room and when we come to pick them up, they don't want to leave. Reagan wasn't quite old enough (it starts at 3) but since she was potty trained, they took her right in with Addison and let her come and go throughout the trip. During the course of the stay they had plenty of playtime in there. Some of their favorite structured activities in the club were Storytime with Belle, Dance Lessons with Snow White, Magic Carpet Riding lessons with Jasmine, Adventures with the Little Einsteins and Hide-and-go-Seek with Tinkerbell.
Gracyn went to the Flounder's Reef Nursery each night from 5:30 to 9:30. It is baby heaven in there, with all the toys you can imagine and plenty of room to crawl around. It was great for her to do that each evening while we went to dinner and a show.
Here is Gracyn climbing on the play equipment in the big girls club. We have each of the girls' picture at about the same age in this same spot!
Addison checking out the toys.
After exploring their club, we went back to the room to get settled in. This was our first time to have a room with a window and the girls loved watching the ocean.
We got ready for dinner, fed the girls room service, took them to their play areas and then headed off to enjoy an adult dinner with my parents.
This is where my evening went DOWN HILL!!! I had been thinking that I felt a little funny, but the farther out at sea we went and the more the boat started rocking the worse I got!!! I ended up going back to the room after dinner and going to bed with Reagan and Gracyn, while Tommy and Addison went to the show. I was so sad, because watching the live Disney shows with my girls is my absolute favorite part of the cruise. It was nice for Tommy to see it with her, since he is usually in the room with a sleeping little one, but I was bummed. I laid in bed forever that night, wondering when the rocking would stop. All future cruises will include much perscription medicine on my part!




2 comments:
So there was a cruise. :) I should had been patient. I am loving the day by day... :)
BEAUTIFUL pictures, Kim! Glad you all had fun. Sorry to hear about sea sickness...that is the absolute worst since there is no way to just have a moment and recoup for a bit on land. Been there!
HUGS!
Post a Comment