Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Disney Day 8 - Headed Home

This is the one final picture we took in Florida, with the Snow White mannequin at the airport. It was a LONG day coming home, that started VERY early. We had the early dinner seating during our cruise, which is great, except for the last morning. The buffets and room service are closed that day, they just offer one big sit-down breakfast before you disembark. If you are on early seating, that breakfast is at 6:45am. You have to head down to breakfast bright and early, then finish packing up your room and get off the ship. I woke up feeling very woozy from the Dramamine and night of motion sickness. And, after a week with no alarms and getting up around 8:30 is was HARD to wake up. I hadn't had any food since lunch the day before and I had no energy to get the girls out of bed and dressed, so Tommy was sweet to stay behind in the room and let them sleep a little longer. I went to breakfast with Dad and Deb and then brought a plate back to them. Thankfully, after eating I felt MUCH better.

By 8:30am, we were saying good-bye to the boat and heading off to find our luggage. The process was simple, we got all our things and made it through customs really quickly. We then boarded the bus to the airport. Aside from the fact that my world was still rocking, everything went smoothly. Reagan and Gracyn slept for much of the plane ride, while Addison watched movies. We arrived in Colorado around 4:00, 6:00pm, Florida time, which was right at 12 hours after we began our day. We stopped at Rio for Mexican food on the way home, unpacked the car, and put us all to bed (my body was still rocking).

It was a great trip.....I am already beginning to forget about all the motion sickness and wondering when we can go back.

No comments: