Monday, February 08, 2010

Disney Day 5 - Nassau, Bahamas

We woke up Monday morning, docked firmly in Nassau, Bahamas. My tummy was grateful that we were anchored. I woke up feeling fine and ready to hit the breakfast buffet! We got everyone ready and headed up to our favorite onboard breakfast location. We stuffed ourselves with made-to-order omelets, Mickey waffles, fruit, bacon and every other breakfast food you can imagine. Then we headed to meet for our day's excursion. We had booked a trip to the Atlantis hotel on Paradise Island. We were going for the day to explore their beautiful beaches, endless pools, waterpark and aquarium. As a bonus, this momma to 3 girls, got to thoroughly explore their public restrooms.....7 times in a 6 hour period!!!

This place is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. The beach is my heaven-on-earth, so I was happy to find a group of lawn chairs and set up camp for the day. Gracyn loved the water and splashing around in the shallow section and Reagan loved digging in the sand. Addison was the adventurous one, alternating between swimming, a few water slides and the not-so-lazy river of rapids!



Ahhhh.....a moment of relaxation between bathroom trips!





Addison took of to the smaller water slides with Pappy and Miss Debra. She loved it! Later she went on the one-mile ride through the roaring-rapids river. She went once with me and once with Tommy. I wasn't too big on the thought of getting on any water slides after just getting over my motion sickness, but Tommy and I did sneak off for one ride together. We went in a double tube on a slide that starts out like your typical water slide. After winding, quickly through the slide, it drops you in a tunnel, that is in the middle of their shark tank. You then glide slowly through a clear tunnel while sharks swim all around you. It was really neat.
Later I took the girls exploring, there are shark tanks everyone and they loved watching people shoot down the really steep, fast slides, while Tommy and my parents hit all the attractions!
We actually never made it inside to the aquarium, we had seen it on a previous trip and I couldn't bring myself to go inside out of the sunshine!!!
Here is my little Gracie flirting like crazy with a lifeguard. We laughed all day at the lifeguards....quite different than the serious, attentive guards you would see in the States or onboard the boat. They were barely paying any attention. While on the river, we even passed one, who had left his chair and was picking coconuts off a nearby tree.
Around 3:30 we decided we better head back to the boat for our 5:45 dinner time. Gracyn and Reagan both slept all the way back and woke up ready for more fun. We got everyone showered and cleaned up and got the girls ready for dress-up night. It is one of my favorite evenings, all the little girls are dressed in their princess dresses! Tommy and I actually had reservations at Palo, the adults only restaurant. We took Gracyn to her nursery and dropped our little princesses off at the kid's club. They were so excited as they waited for Belle to arrive for storytime.

Tommy and I crossed our fingers that everyone would be content for 2 hours or so and headed off to our dinner. I am not a very adventurous eater, so I was just happy to be at a quiet dinner with my husband, but Tommy was loving the food experience. Towards the end of the meal, we were anticipating a chocolate souffle that is the restaurants specialty. It is made fresh, served to you hot and then doused with chocolate sauce at your table. The chef and wait staff are very serious about timing this dessert perfectly. Ours was on its way to the table when we got a page. Tommy, looked at the pager, shook his head and asked me if I could guess which child they were paging about. Gracyn was my first guess and Reagan my second, but alas it was Addison this time.....

It seems my little princess was tired of her fancy shoes! After a couple of bites of divine chocolate, we left to bail her out!
That evening, I was thrilled to be feeling okay!!! I picked Gracyn up and put her to bed, and then Tommy stayed with her, while I took the big girls to the show. We met my parents and saw Toy Story, the Musical! It is AMAZING!!! Addison and I had seen it last year, but this was Reagan's first chance and she loved it. The costumes are so elaborate and beautiful. They really put on a great show.
On the way back to the room, we stopped to pose with Minnie in her ball gown and get an autograph.

Donald and Daisy were all dressed up, too!

I think it was 10:30 when we snuck back into the room. I got the girls into bed and they were asleep within minutes of hitting the pillow! It was a very long, full and fun day!











1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love all your details and pics...reminds a bit of myself...tee hee. Your trip looks incredible, and I LOVE all the precious pics of the girls and all the family pics too. Don't envy that sea sickness...I get motion sickness on any moving thing (planes, trains, cars, boats, even a kayak once) and I think you just convinced me not to go on a cruise...even though it looks fabulously fun.