Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What Goes Around Comes Around....

When we were awaiting Reagan's arrival, Addison tried out every new baby item that came through our door. Nothing poor Reagan got was sacred. Addison put the paci's in her mouth, put the clothes on her babies and played with the toys. Reagan is getting her turn now.

Last Wednesday we got a sweet package from my Aunt Tressia and cousin Jennifer for Gracyn. Inside we found the Tigger and Pooh tie blanket (each of my girls has one Tressia has made them) and a cute pink giraffe. Reagan has been sleeping with the blanket (and 3 of her own) ever since.

The day the package came had been a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree day here and we had been to the park twice. We played outside for hours and hours and she was so tired when we finally came in. She spread the blankie out, got her paci and the giraffe and snuggled up to watch Dora.

What you don't see in the picture is that I called Daddy to pick up something for dinner and curled up behind her. 4 hours at the park may have been a bit much for the home stretch of pregnancy. I seriously thought I was in labor that night. I was sure we were going to have to go to the hospital, but didn't even have the energy to pack a bag. Thankfully, after the girls went to sleep and I rested for a few hours the contractions finally stopped. The funny thing is, after 2 scheduled c-sections, I had no idea what to expect. Tommy kept asking if I was in labor, and all I could say is "I don't know, I have never been in labor before!!!". I am crossing my fingers for lots more warm spring days, but I think for the next few weeks, I will do a little more watching at the park and a lot less playing!

1 comment:

L said...

I would get those in the last month of my pregnancy with Ella when I overdid it. Just be careful, my friend, if you like the date you planned for baby G.