Sunday, January 11, 2009

Batteries, Apparently the Solution to Everything.

Last night Reagan told me she wanted her diaper off and wanted to go pee-pee. She hasn't done this before, so I was skeptical, but still, helped her strip down and ran behind her to the potty. She sat for a few minutes and then actually used the potty!!! Mommy, Daddy and Addison were so excited, we had a little celebration for her. There was much cheering, clapping, hugging and M&M's.



About 30 minutes later, Reagan wanted to try again. I am sure the thought of another victory celebration....especially the M&M's was appealing to her. However, I don't think she really needed to go again. We sat on the potty for a minute and she told me, "Pee-Pee not working". I said back to her, "It's not working right now?"



She got so very serious and starting nodding her head up and down. "Batteries!" She told me, "Need it, batteries, store!"

She just knew her pee-pee wasn't coming because it was broken and we needed batteries to fix-it. I guess pretty often around here, with most toys that is the problem! If only there was a battery to buy for potty training....sure would make toddler-hood easier.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Awww...that is so cute. I only wish batteries could fix everything...life would be much easier.
I am impressed that she is trying to train herself- Ellie did the same thing. You are lucky...sounds like she will be easy!!

Branton Family said...

That is so adorable! I wish it were that easy! Nice work Reagan, keep it up! Amy

The Skains Family said...

That is hilarious. I can always count on your kids to give me a good laugh!

The Chappelles said...

Thanks for the laugh! I love it. The says a lot about how we raise our kids these days, doesn't it?