Well, I knew she wouldn't move easily and my suspicions were right. Reagan's bed came yesterday and she LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it until it was time to sleep. We plan to keep trying the next few nights, but if it doesn't get better quick, we will re-visit the whole idea in a few months. Here is a little recap....
7:00-7:45 Daddy and the girls build the bed, play in the bed, read in the bed and have a great time!!!!
7:45-8:00 Pajamas on, teeth brushed, time for bedtime stories and prayers. All was still well at this point.
8:15 Mommy says good-night and exits the room. Cue LOUD crying and hysterical calling for Mommy. I listen outside the door for awhile as Addison gives her the sweetest pep-talk ever. She really did try to cheer her on.
8:30 Addison calls for me and tells me she is done with all this crying.
8:45 I take Reagan to rock in the rocking chair in her old room to calm her down. All is well until I put her back in the bed. Cue LOUD crying and screaming.
9:15 I take Addison to my bed so she can try to get some sleep. Reagan screams for Mommy and Sissy
9:30 Bring Sissy back in and lay half-in/half-out of toddler bed to snuggle Reagan and keep her calm. Fairly certain that at 8 months pregnant I am well over the weight limit for her tiny little toddler bed, so snuggling is interesting. Big sister falls right to sleep as soon as Reagan stops all the NOISE!
10:00 She finally falls asleep. Mommy sneaks downstairs so she and Daddy can watch "The Unit" from Netflix....we are hooked!
10:45 Mommy and Daddy head upstairs. We quietly install a gate at the top of the stairs, so Reagan doesn't wander off in the night (She would totally do this!!!). Install gate and turn towards bedroom, see Reagan staggering sleepily in the hall. She is the world's lightest sleeper and we woke her up!
10:45-11:15 Try to put Reagan back in bed. Cue LOUD crying and screaming. Sister wakes up, but is in pretty good spirits about it all. She tries giving Reagan another pep-talk and then tells me, "This is going to be harder than I thought!". I don't want Addison's entire night of sleep to be disturbed, so for the next 30 minutes I sit in the floor, by the toddler bed, rocking Reagan. Addison falls back asleep.
11:15-12:15 Try to put Reagan back in bed. Cue LOUD crying and screaming. Addison gets woken up again, and is starting to get frustrated. Trying to avoid going into Reagan's old room, we all 3 get in Addison's twin bed. I think at least we will be lying down and I can mover her when she falls asleep.
12:15 Reagan is sound asleep. I move her to her own bed. Cue immediate LOUD screaming and crying. Addison gets woken up again and tells me, "Get her out of here!". I give in and put Reagan in her crib. She cries for a few minutes and then sleeps the rest of the night.
7:00am Reagan wakes up horse from all the crying.
8:15am Reagan goes in Addison's room to wake her up. She never sleeps this late, but obviously had some catching up to do. Addison sits up briefly and tells me, "Everyone get out of here and quit talking, I didn't get any sleep last night."
Needless to say, the three of us girls are not exactly well rested today. Tonight we may try letting Addison stay in our bed until we go to sleep. Reagan is going to have to cry it out a few times. I hate that for her, but it is just her personality. If I go in there even once, I might as well plan on spending the night!!! This morning, she pointed to the new bed and said, "No like it, this one!" Hopefully she will change her mind soon.
6 comments:
Reagan cracks me up! Addison s remarks are priceless...sounds like her mama! I will be praying for a smoother transition.
Sorry it didn't go so well - but it is a cute story! We are hooked on The Unit too!!! Miss you guys!
LOL...sounds like my house although I wish I had a child who would admit they need sleep like Addison. Once mine are woken up...they want to stay up. Hadley is my light sleeper-poor girl never gets a good nap unless the kids are at school. It will get better. Maybe sharing a room will help Reagan sleep not so lightly. Keep us posted on how it goes!
Why not put the crib in Addison's room for now. Let Reagan learn to fall asleep with someone else in the room first then switch her to the big girl bed. I know this probably means getting another baby bed. I have one if you want it. Just trying to help. I will pray for you!
Poor guys! What an adjustment for the entire family!
Kim, I can't eat my cereal because I'm laughing so hard. I hate that you had such a hard night, but what a story! I love Addison trying to talk her sister through this, and I love it when she has had enough. Can't we all relate to that!
Post a Comment