Well, we had been nursing my laptop gently along for at least the past year....maybe longer. The crash of 2009, as I refer to it, finally happened on Tuesday. My poor laptop does nothing, nothing at all. Aside from all the pictures on there, that I didn't have backed up. I was in a general panic about not having a computer to use daily.
Knowing full well that I am spoiled and that it IS NOT a necessity. I called my extremely busy husband at work (several times) pleading my case. I listed all the reasons why I couldn't survive without the Internet...can't check the weather, can't check emails from Addison's teacher, can't get directions or phone numbers, CAN'T BLOG!!! Like I said, I know I don't have to have it, but I sure am dependent for information gathering, and even more honestly for my relaxation/45 minutes to myself when the girls go to rest time.
Thankfully my knight-in-shining-armour came to my rescue and brought a new laptop home to me that night. What a guy!!! And, the great guys at Geek Squad informed me that for $100 they can migrate all the pictures from my old computer to my new one! A small price to pay for 4 years of pictures.
Now, if we could just get the wireless to work I would be good to go. Currently it only works, if I am sitting within 2 feet of the wireless router. That's okay, I'll take it for now. But, that is the reason for no pictures. I don't want to set up all my camera software, or upload pictures until we are sure this is going to work.
Once I get that done, I promise, the much requested pictures of my growing 29-week belly. My MOPS friends had a sweet shower for baby Gracyn on Wednesday, so those pictures will be coming too.
Happy Weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment