Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Little Mommy

I have jokingly said that when Gracyn gets here, we are going to strap the Baby Bjorn to Addison and let her take care of the baby...nothing would please her more!!! But lately, I am realizing, just how big of a help she really can be.

First, Addison recently graduated to a booster seat in the car, which uses the regular seat-belt. I can now put both children in the backseat and shut the doors. Addison can strap Reagan into her carseat and then get into her own booster and buckle up. If you have multiple children that you load into and out of the car multiple times each day, then you know....this is BIG NEWS!!! And, just in time for Gracyn's arrival. Maybe, with Addison doing half the work, we can still keep our load and departure time around 10 minutes.

Next, one afternoon this week, Addison and I went to wake Reagan from her nap. Addison ended up beating me in there, because the phone rang at the same time and I went to answer it. Seconds after going in Reagan's room, Addison came running back down the hall shouting, "Mommy, Reagan is sleeping in her bo-bo!". That's right....Reagan has recently taken to stripping her clothes off before she sleeps. Thankfully we haven't had any accidents in there. Anyway, I was finishing my phone call for a few minutes and walked into Reagan's room to talk. I sat in the rocking chair to talk, and got to watch what was going on in there. Addison got a diaper from the drawer, crawled into Reagan's bed and put the diaper on her and then proceeded to read to her until I was off the phone!

Good stuff! She is such a good sister and such a sweet helper! My girls are blessed to have each other.

4 comments:

L said...

That rocks!!! Nothing like the first born to be the helping hand!

Amanda Burkett said...

Hey Sweet Thang! When is that precious baby girl expected to make her arrival? I am thinking about you . . . Love and prayers! A

Lacey said...

HA.....LOOKS LIKE THE COMMENT I JUST LEFT MAY HAPPEN IN YOUR HOUSE...LOL.

What a big helper you have. Gavin helps me a lot and Ellie is starting to be a reliable help as well. Your transition is going to be great with those little mommy's helping you out! Can't wait to see the newest little Guess!

The Skains Family said...

So I have something to look forward to! It seems forever away, but I know it will be hear before I know it.